Create an interview
There are 3 easy steps to creating an interview on Willo:
1. Initial setup
This is where you enter details about the interview such as the title and description.
- This is an optional field that is shown to the person completing your interview. It can be used to present information about salary, benefits or anything else you would like to share.
- Video Intro
- You have the option of recording an intro video in your process, this is a great way to inject some personality into your interview and will increase the response rate significantly. Record a video directly within your browser, or upload one that you created earlier. The maximum duration of a video intro is 3 minutes.
- You can also add a YouTube-hosted video if that's preferred, simply copy and paste the link which should look similar to the following: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXXXXXXXXXX
- If you are copying text from Word or another website you may see formatting issues when you paste text into Willo. If you want to ensure there are absolutely no formatting problems, then the best option is to paste the text without any formatting of any kind applied to it.
- That means you need to paste plain text, which requires a couple of extra steps, which are explained in the next paragraph: Open Notepad on your PC (or Text Editor on your Mac) and paste the text from Word or a website into a new Notepad (or Text Editor) file.
- Then, copy the text from Notepad (or Text Editor) and paste it into Willo. No extra formatting will be added.
2. Write your questions
What do you want to ask? You have the option to delete and change the order of your questions, as well as the time allowed for each answer.
- Answer type
- Choose from video, audio, text or file upload, the person completing your interview will then be prompted to answer in the method you choose.
- You can limit the number of retakes a person has to answer your question. We recommend leaving this as unlimited but it's up to you! Learn more
- Response time
- Set the maximum amount of time a person has to answer your question. Choose between 1 and 5 minutes. The person does not need to use all of the allocated time. Learn more
- Thinking time
- Thinking time with Willo is a great way to give candidates an indication of how long you expect them to take to complete a question. Learn more
The maximum number of questions is 20.
You cannot edit the order or add/delete questions once the interview has received responses; you should duplicate the interview if you need to add or delete questions.
This is the final step, there is the option to share access to this interview with others in your organisation - they will have the option to review, rate and leave comments on any response that the interview receives.
- Live until date
- You will also set the timescale for your interview, for example, if you want people to interview within a set period of time. When the interview reaches the Live Until date people can no longer respond to your interview. You can edit this date at any time.
- Hints and Tips
- You can also enable and disable hints and tips if you think your candidates don't need to see this information.
- Once a candidate has completed an interview you can route them to a URL of your choice. Learn more
Click Publish to save and the interview will go live within your dashboard. You can then start inviting people to your new interview on the next page.