Digital Identity & Right to Work Checks
A Willo digital identity check is an online identity checking process which allows your candidates to provide proof of identity within the Willo application.
A Willo right to work check allows you to verify that your candidates have the legal authorization to work in a specific country by examining relevant identification documents to ensure compliance with employment laws and regulations.
Once you’ve completed your checks, send candidates the final job offer and get new hires onboard in an instant.
Identity and right to work checks require a valid payment method to be associated with your account.
Our simple UI makes identification verification a seamless process for your candidates. Whether you’re after our core identity verification or right-to-work checks, these can all be added to the same user flow, 100% automated.
- UK or Republic of Ireland citizens
- Purpose: Home Office Approved Right to work check
- Process: Candidates can upload their passport and a selfie. We then check the validity of the documents, check if the person is real and run a fraud check, all within a few seconds.
- Outcome: You’ll receive a Home Office-approved, right-to-work check (PDF and digitally) including an image of the candidate’s documents with the metadata that includes Identity Services Provider (IDSP) certification.
- The best bit? Compliance is on us. We’ll arm you with a statutory excuse to avoid a civil penalty, so you can have one less thing to worry about.
- Non-UK or Republic of Ireland citizens
- Purpose: Certified identity check to prove that the candidate is who they claim to be.
- Process: Candidates can upload their government-issued ID document and a selfie. We then check the validity of the document, check if the person is real and run a fraud check, all within a few seconds.
- Outcome: You’ll receive an identity report (PDF and digitally), including an image of the candidate’s documents with the metadata that includes Identity Services Provider (IDSP) certification.
Digital Identity Checks
Identity checks involve capturing a picture of the individual's face along with their identity document, which can include passports, driver's licenses, or government-issued IDs. This method is applicable worldwide and serves as a crucial step in verifying the authenticity of an individual's identity for various purposes, including employment, financial transactions, and access to services.
Right to Work checks
Right to work checks ensure compliance with UK and Ireland employment regulations by verifying that individuals have legal authorization to work in these countries. This process involves confirming with the Home Office that the individual possesses the necessary documentation to work in the UK.
DBS Checks (Enhanced):
DBS Checks (Enhanced) are conducted through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) in the UK and the equivalent service in Ireland. These checks involve scrutinizing an individual's criminal record by accessing information from prisons and courts across the UK and the Republic of Ireland. This thorough process ensures employers have comprehensive insights into an individual's background for roles that involve working with vulnerable groups or require a high level of trust.
Setting up Identity Checks
- Checking a few candidates? Pay-as-you-go (PAYG) and stay flexible. You'll only pay for the ID checks you complete.
- Planning to check lots of candidates? Buy in bulk and unlock big discounts. Credits are valid for 12 months so you’ll have plenty of time to use them too.
Add an identity check to your interview
We suggest you place your digital identity check at the end of your interview, to improve the completion rate and ensure that the candidate successfully submits their entire interview.
Report is ready - you can view the status of each check, as well as download a PDF report for your own records:
Data storage and security
Our identity-checking partner, Yoti is trusted by governments and regulators for adhering to the highest standards of security. They are certified for leading security management and processes, and their systems are regularly tested to ensure your data is safe. Learn more about data privacy and security.
Planning to integrate with our API? Our GDPR-compliant solution is available out-of-the-box and as an API integration.Save time and hassle - schedule 1-to-1 time with an expert in our integrations team. Book developer support.
Each credit is valid for 12-months from date of purchase. Purchase credits in-app or contact the friendly sales team today.
|No. of credits
|Price per credit
|Bundle price $USD
|Bundle price £GDP
|Bundle price €EUR
|Bundle Price $AUD
|Bundle Price ₹INR
You must seek your own legal advice regarding the use and storage of the right-to-work and ID verification of candidates as each location has unique requirements and laws.