Using an Android or Samsung device
If you are using a Samsung or other Android phone to record your interview please note the following top tips:
You must use the Chrome browser. This can normally be found in the 'Google' folder of your device.
Depending on your device, when you click record you may be presented with 4 actions, always choose Camcorder and enable access to the microphone and camera when prompted.
Network issue or upload slow?
Please check your resolution:
- Open your camera application.
- You will see the Settings gear icon in the top left.
- Select 'resolutions' - choose a lower resolution such as SD
- Open the interview in a new tab and try again from the beginning.
- Instead of holding your device, we recommend you lean it against a wall or object to keep the camera steady and ensure the best video quality possible.
- Check your device is fully charged.
- Ensure you have a good stable data connection.
- Remove any protective case which might impact the sound recording.