Identity & Right to Work Checks
A digital identity check is an online, government-approved identity-checking process which allows you to provide proof of identity from the comfort of your home. You can use a computer or smart phone and the process takes less than 5 minutes to complete.
Please read the tips below to ensure that you have everything you need before getting started:
You will need an original document from the list below to complete an ID check on the Willo platform:
- UK and Ireland - Valid passport (Immigrant: How to get a share code.)
- USA and Canada - Valid driving licence, passport or National ID.
- Rest of World - Valid driving licence, passport or National ID.
Copies, screenshots or damaged documents will not work - you must use original documents.
The process works on computer and mobile phone devices so you can use whatever device you prefer.
When you begin answering an Identity check question you will be guided through the steps as shown below:
Frequently asked questions
Q. How secure is Yoti?
Yoti is trusted by governments and regulators for adhering to the highest standards of security. It is certified for its leading security management and processes, and its systems are regularly tested to ensure your data is safe.
- Q. What happens to the photo of my ID?
When you add a photo of your ID, it is uploaded using a secure connection to keep it safe. We use Yoti’s technology and expert security team to check that your ID is real and valid. Yoti is committed to protecting its users’ privacy and will never mine or sell your data to third parties.
- Yoti stores your ID document details and the results of their checks on our behalf, and we decide how long to keep them there. We can delete them from Yoti’s system at any time. When we retrieve the results we get a copy of the information into our systems.
- Q. Why do I need to add a photo of my ID?
- We need to verify your identity so you can use our services. To do this, we ask you to take a photo of your ID or upload a photo of it from your device.